Tuesday 25 September 2007

Miscommunication

Venue: Elderly Ward

Nurse A: Pei, can you go n make sure Mr X wakes up and get ready for breakfast?

Me: OK...(since I more pro abit dy, get patient up no prob la..)

When I see the patient, he oredi nicely sitting on the chair n look cheerful...
So I started the conversation as usual:

"Good Morning, Mr X, how are you feeling today?"

He smile sweetly to me...

Nowadays I like to talk to patients 1...since I wana break out of this gelaran weirdo, dun dare to tok 2 nurses, tok 2 patient la..i wun see them again wad..cincai tok oso can..haha

"The weather is very good isn't it? U feeling fresh today?"

He smile politely again.

"I'll give you a basin to wash your face, ok?"

bla bla..I help him cuci muka la..cukur misai la..and along the way i tok n tok to him la..he keep smiling nia..I understand la..some old ppl seldom tok 1..so takpa..at least he got response..

After I habis settle him, when I was about to leave, he finally spoke up:

Mr X: " Nurse, could you pass me my hearing aid in the locker?"

Me: ...

CIMAKAN...Nampaknya I syok sendiri...

3 comments:

Wanster said...

hahahahahahahaha!!

macam movie stephen chow la!!

me laughing so hard XD

ihsan_huhu said...

gila babi ... lepas u blah dia gelak ramai2 dgn member2 dia...

"u got punkd!"

hahahaha

bila tukar course? nursing skarang r?

pp said...

wakaka..taklah..part time...orang tua pun ikut rancangan radio jugak..