Thursday 27 September 2007

Mooncake Festival a.k.a. Mid-Autumn Festival

Hah...sempena Mid-Autumn Festival..more biasa call Mooncake festival...wana blog stg bout mooncake...
Bak kata pepatah:

"Kuih bulan, kuih bulan..lepas makan, muka bulat macam bulan"

One fine night (few days before I balik UK)

I lepak with my friends n went back home quite late...My parents oredi tido..hoho..if not sure bising me...

When i went upstairs, my mum woke up n call me...I tot..
"jialat liao..sure wana say y i cum bek so late...hmm"

When I go down, she nicely say,
"Pei, cum...got mooncake...jus now I make 1...dis 1 special de Shanghai mooncake.."

Awwww... so relieved and touched...although dat time baru finish mamak dengan kenyang, still makan dengan syok..
THAT is when I realise mooncake is makable 1...

After Balik Edinburgh,

I curi recipe from this site : wai sek hong at my link there ada...

But as usual, sure tak cukup ingredient and ka chang(alatan) 1...kasi abit of festival mood can dy la..

Tadaa..

Got draw bunga sumore...the paling top 1 fatty draw 1..tak sangka its the paling cantik 1..ahha


First TIme Kantoi Bake..notice the small 1 actuali is a smiley face, but kena bakar cacat oredi..


2nd Time jadi abit liao..

Got the bentuk rite...use hand kasi mekap 1..


After that oni i read the last line of the recipe...yang berbunyi:
"store it for 2-3 days so that the skin is soft and shiny and then it is ready to serve..."

APA BARANG!!!..I wana eat liaooo!!!
End up cut up the big 1 n eat ..but true enuf, the skin abit crunchy, like eating biskut abit..hehe..take it as eksperiment control la..

Keep the rest for few days see how..

3 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

wah.. boleh buat bukak puasa..

pp said...

tak halal..taruh jus usus babi

ihsan_huhu said...

cis...