Friday 19 March 2010

City Break: 1st stop Harrogate

This is gona be the longest of me being away from my Edinburgh home i think... except in first year when i go back to my Real Home in Msia..

Of course with the Scone Craze still onz, the first stop will have to be a Scones Stop..

I've alwiz wanted to go to this Betty's Cafe Tea House in York for their big fat rascal scone, said to be 'the mother of all scones', 'so far best scone she ever tried'.. so of course I HAVE to try it too.. hehe.. But erm, Betty's original branch is in Harrogate! and my tea buddy had been to York...
soo...

Since I'm going down to london, lets meet in the middle... 9.30am train from edinburgh


Trust me, this 4 picture is really what I remembered of the city of Harrogate... headed straight for the scones!

Oh, and I remembered this:

After 5 mins walk + 5 mins photo time on the way, finally I'm there!
-1.10pm

wow.. n there's a queue outside!! hmm, luckily some1 came 40 mins earlier... hehe...
by the time i reached:

nice warm seat waiting for me at the corner! Just the perfect spot to lepak long and not get noticed for sitting too long and great view of outside and the whole restaurant...

Ok.. ORDER!!! (1.20pm)

First round:
Betty's Specialty Afternoon Tea... with a pot of single estate Darjeeling Tea...
and of course the Big Fat Rascal...


Notice there is the normal scone on the left and the big fat rascal on the right.. Yeah, I would say it was one of the best scone.. number 1 criteria fulfilled: served warm.. number 2 criteria: crispy on the outside.. it was abit crumbly on the inside i would prefer not so.. but it was quite special..

After finished that, the waiter came and ask if we want any desserts... and brought us around to see the cake counter... but ermm.. that was actually our starter.. We want to have something savoury now...

We had a Traditional Breakfast Rösti (Wiki says its a swiss dish, shreaded potato fried with butter plus toppings)
also the
Leek and Spinach Tartlet.. (cos my tea buddy is vegetarian for lent.. so u know where all the bacon on the Rösti went)...


And so we chat and chat sit and sit till 7pm when its time to chao for train.. they even started lighting up candles for night and the waiter that served us b4 changed shift.. its now a lady waitress..

oh..

I forgot to mention the man playing the piano.. dint notice when he started actually, only noticed when the candle lit up.. but definitely makes the environment so warm and cosy...


Before we leave Harrogate, finally had a chance to stroll around the town.. which as expected is quite small.. and tapau some dinner for the journey back...

The train that we took, was almost empty!! who would go from harrogate to london on a tuesday night anyway..haha...

Reached Floyer at 12am.. chun chun.. wow.. a complete and satisfying Afternoon Tea

No comments: