Friday 26 March 2010

Nepal Day 2

Namaste again! Well, today I could speak more Nepali.. Tapaai: Laai kasto chha?

Started the day with Tea at 7am and Dhal Bhat for morning meal at 9am.. (vege curry n rice..n some achar.. n sup) .. well, its just like having nasi lemak for breakfast in Malaysia... I'm really into the Nepali culture already!! I forget to mention that I am staying at this town called Pepsicola.. hhaa..named under the pepsicola factory there.. Its a new town of 15 years..

We quickly went to the VSN office for internet.. which is surprisingly quite alright.. We then had 2 hours of nepali language lesson by a cute lady guru.. 'Anjila'.. afterthat.. hohooo..

She and another language teacher Bishal brought us for half a day of sight-seeing!!.. me, annie and Duda( a holland guy) at first, then we met the two singaporean volunteers at the door and they decided to join us.. coolz.. group is getting bigger..

We took a bus which I have no idea where its going cos the destination is written in nepali and the bus conductor was speaking in nepali as well.. but well, we had tour guides..

We went to the old town area. Ratnapark.. wow.. so so busy.. not at all like pepsicola..
There's the market area and this is where we could get everything..


We walked along to the Kathmandu Durbar Square, which is a world heritage site.. woww.. so many temples there. I had to check lonely planet later on to know the names but cant remember now.. We climbed up one of the temples and get a great view of the surrounding.. its so cool.. After that the house of living god etc..

There are many stalls by the road side selling snacks..

so tempted to try.. This is when i miss les.. cos she's sure to try with me..

One of the ball ball thing that i saw looks interesting.. anjila promised that we'll have that sometime..hehe..

Finally got my atm.. I'm now complete with some nepali rupees..haha..din have money b4, just pounds..haha

I had my first mo-mo afterthat at Layaku restaurant.. which is reeeeli gooddd... alex told me yesterday some mo-mo weren't that great.. but ofcourse our tour guides did their job well. Me n annie ordered a veg mo-mo and a 'c' momo to share.. She suggested the sharing part and I was delightedddd.. cos that was what I would have done any other time.. share and try all!!.. and luckily we were quite similar, she likes taking pictures, and pictures of food b4 eating them..haha..

I couldn't find any postcards around.. n the postal service is not great here.. only certain big post office is reliable.. we'll see.. My pictures are uploading quite slow.. will upload more when i get the chance.. need picassaaaa...

The bus back was quite packed n there were ppl on the roof of the bus..wana try that 1 day..haha.. but i have been in bus that are even more packed that this, so still ok..haha..

thik chha.. namaste..

5 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

wah. when u r gonna climb everest? 1 trip sure kurus already

Anonymous said...

eh post the anjila pic le?

chiet

h.3.l.3.n said...

haha awwww.. miss u 2, but for now surely u have annie to replace sharing snacks with so surely get to try alot also!

Kenny said...

pepsicola..so cool. got free drinks?

Eve said...

sorry, kenny is me.. i din't know its his ID