Friday 30 January 2009

I am stupid..again

My level of stupidity fluctuate alot... on days that I can answer questions, i feel smart...
today is one of the days that i feel stupid..Partly because I cannot answer most of the question, n worse if it is simple questions..

"Smoking predispose you to?"

me: bowel problems?

Dr L: erm, thats last on the list

Extention to the story:

Dr. L:  so what other problems? 

me: cardiovascular risk? (which is correct, to show dat i am not that stupid first la)

Dr L: the most important 1, I wont let u go if u cant get this.

Patient: Lung Cancer


2day is my 2nd last day in GP, tomoro assessment the chao liao... My top ranking tutor in GP, Dr L ... has been taking care of me tru-out the 3 weeks, even more than my own tutor... One of those tutor that I can talk to without feeling weird.. (cos i alwiz do) ...

Reflecting session with him b4 I leave:

 I think you need to read more

You have alot of catching up to do

I feel there is a huge gap in your knowledge

There is no way of getting around it except reading...  

dot...dot...dot...

He's not criticizing me, simply putting his concerns and opinions in the most thoughtful and sincere way...

and sad to say, what he says accurately describe me...

of course not forgetting the typical " I understand english is not ur first language" but he added: "but unless you can find a book in ur own language, u'll just have to do it...

He understand me well:

" I noticed that you freeze when you got asked questions. Its like a white cloth wrapping over your head... for instance I dont believe you dont know smoking predisposes u to lung cancer. mayb its confidence. or you are expected not to know, so your first reaction is I DONT KNOW, when actually, U KNOW... "

Similar with other consultations, he gave me some methods and strategies that I can use..

 "DO IT NOW, not next yearr.." 
hehe, taupun i'll procastinate

Second final words: "You are here to learn"... Damn right I am..

Final Words: Lets go for coffee...

Conclusion : I am Stuppiadd.. not a good diagnosis 3 days before exam.. antibiotics also take 1 week la.. 



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets go for coffee..
hehehe. damn random.

Jennifer said...

not stupid la wei. it happens to everyone once in a while. i also sometimes kena like that esp during my neuro ahhh. the answer's so damn obvious but i say something really stupid instead and kena death stare by the tutor.

study hard.:)
x

Ang Choon Seong said...

u cried or not? cry la...run out...


ppd sure A++

pp said...

not he mark me 1.. my real tutor mark me.. nola, the situation not crying type 1..he say in a casual n half joking manner..so i also smile smile nia la..

h.3.l.3.n said...

i go thru the same thing! i think of like random answers to buy time, not that they r wrong but not the 1st in the differential diagnosis.. the tutor ask me 2nd year stuff i also duno, he say disappointing..

we just panic kua.. if u ask me same thing via msn i sure we can answer..

confidence is important!

pp said...

yah lo..n the student there before me, apparently super brilliant 1.. haiz..

Anonymous said...

you can take one large dose of antibiotics as prophylaxis what... pre-exam stupiadity phrophylaxis will be one dose too i reckon.

WhiteFox said...

it's normal la pei. that time my gp also commented me something along the line, he said overseas students got this confidence issues to overcome. but once u get over it, u'll be perfectly fine dy. dun worry too much la, jz work hard.

all the best for exams! =)

sm said...

not stupid la...i also kena lidat several times..when we get panicked sure cannot think straight one..i guess this is normal for most med students..

h.3.l.3.n said...

at least we got 'international student' status as alasan to cover our ass!

pp said...

haha..n i have the sympathetic look..