Thursday 17 December 2009

The unfortunate cycling journey

Juz because a friend told me that it takes her 1 1/2 hour to cycle from Livingston to Edinburgh city, i already gatal gatal wana try liao, since I susah payah carry the bike from london, have to make full use of it la..

but alwiz cycle to train station, bike ikut naik train.. senang..

But today I half day.. so sky still bright, n cycle back more down hill, so no excuse liao..

Cycling route plan:

Time: 1 hour and 35 minutes
  • Distance: 15¾ miles
  • Quietness: 31 % Hostile
  • Leaving at: 1.30pm, 16th December, 2009
  • Arriving at: 3.05pm, 16th December, 2009
  • Stop by princes street buy secret santa present
  • Go home take parccel go post office post n collect my parcel...
Hehe..looks well planned, but erm, today was impulsive 1, so i just folo my memory of the route, plus occasional iphone checking..

So.. off I gooo...

Beginning so excited.. cycle awhile start to tanggal jacket warm n nice.. lalala...

then herm, it starts to drizzle..

My fire burning spirit put off by the rain liao.. although the map looks like mostly downhill, but the bit of up hill part also quite tiring 1..

every circle i cycle.. my ke-regret-an increase by 1%

Stop to admire my bike.. quite a good bike, but do to some trauma last time, the back wheel senget liao 1.. so not ideal for long distance..

After some time, my hand start to numb liao.. i wonder if i can even move it to press break onot..
so reluctant to take out iphone to check map liao..

hah..got signboard..



ok..looks like I am on the right track..

There is some cycling route mya..but i dono where to masuk..n i think its further..
Then I saw this..

oh, this is the National 75 cycling route.. i ingat from my googling.. wana folo onot? better not.. cos the sign is on both sides of the road.. dono which direction also..

cycle cycle cycle...tru rain, storm, shit.. as in real cow dung.. some areas like kandang shit lidat.. the road all full of shit 1.. n erm, bear in mind i dun have MUD GUARD.. n I am wearing white jacket..so that ppl can see me from far...

i dun even wana look at my back.. but when i look front, also got splashes of dirt..dono how it got there..up till my chest..

1 1/2 hours ur head la.. this is where I am after 1 1/2 hours..


baru sampai sempadan edinburgh.. another 1 hour to reach city centre kot.. by car also about 30 mins oredi..

Whats the worst that can happen now?

Yes... u guessed it right.. TAYAR PANCIT...

checking iphone for nearest bicycle repair.. now i realise the application 'around me' quite useful.. post office, bank, atm, all also can find..

but no luck.. no repair shop here.. have to wheel n walk lo..

Luckily i recognise this place, got a train station nearby.. at least I dun get stuck with the cows and sheeps la..

dirty dirty.. my jacket sell on ebay sure nobody wan..

Then i tot mayb can force cycle for few minutes to the train station, cos if wana walk quite a distance..

Manatau...

3 seconds after I got on, the tire jam at the cacated brake.. n the whole thing half tercabut.. tried to push in abit kenot..


arghh..now cannot even wheel it... had to lift the front wheel and walk.. arghh... kenot la...
Options: bus? train? leave bike? take bike? later have to come back to take sien also..
sooo...

Too frust liao.. just terbalikan at the roadside.. n force squeeze the tayar to original place.. erm..
remember all the cow dung that I went tru just now? now all on my hand.. black n dirty.. n no tissue..

at least done..

Walk for about 40 minutes, finally:

The funny thing is: My hand super paralysed.. i stood there for 5 minutes trying to remove my debit card from wallet... JUST KENOTT.. NO JOKE... n theres a guy waiting behind me to buy tix.. i was like arghh.. then I asked him to help me remove it..haha..

Reach edin have to walk back also.. another option: leave bike at station? or bring on bus? or walk back?

At last walk back la.. save 1.20 pds..alang alang oredi travel so far..

hehe.. had to abandon my secret santa plan.. but post office have to goo..

feuh..sempat reach post office 5 minutes b4 tutup...

and when reach home: seeing a parcel in my:


really made my day!! its all worth it.. NOOOO... (that was just hyperbola)

Erm, i think i din mention I lost my earphone last 2 weeks... 2 weeks without music made me crazy, went n bought 2 earphones.. The first 1 took ages to come, then i kenot tahan bought another 1.. now both reach same day..

Conclusion: DONT CYCLE FROM LIVINGSTON TO EDINBURGH!!! IN THE WINTER!!! Never again..never never neverrrr...


8 comments:

Ang Choon Seong said...

TOLD YOU LIAU!!

even i cant do it.

u bodo bodo go try...

bak kata pepatah orang tua, orang bodoh selalu rugi...

now bicycle kena forge out money to repair lo..

Unknown said...

this is too hardcore pei. but ur spirit, respect!

Eve said...

why u even think it's possible?????

Eve said...

very pitiful.... mesti that buaya scold u

R said...

you are C R A Z Y !!!!!!!!

pp said...

cos my friend cycle to hospital everyday 1... i see like so easy lidat.. she lembik lembik 1..

ihsan_huhu said...

hahah.. down hill oso take too long?

free bike can la abandon, demmit

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! It is nice blog,Thanks for sharing resources related to website design