Wednesday 14 February 2007

SUPERIOR PEANUT COOKIES for CHINESE NEW YEAR

BALLs AGAin!!!...I don't know whats with me n those balls..first Chicken Rice Ball, Now Peanut Cookies (bulat bulat)

ONE night when i woke up, I smell something nice...wahh..smell so homely 1..then I called my mother...She say, oh ya...She is making Peanut COOKIES...u noe, those round round cookies with a pimple on top 1...WAA...can smell from here man...Then i go out of the room, EI...MY MUM is in the kitchen with my sisters, all making peanut cookies!!! WAA...just like the good old days..I joined them n it was SUPERBLY fun...we roll n roll the balls, NO NO NO NO NO..this can't be true..I must be dreaming..

I AM INDEED DREAMING!!...

Haih..
THis reminds me of Chinese New Year..Its just around the corner...How I wish I am home..2 Years din eat Thuan Yuan Fan...how come i stil yuan yuan 1...
To bring up the CNY mood, I Decided 2 make Peanut Cookies...



I startes looking for the recipe online...Finally got it from one of the aunty aunty's blog..NO offence..It was of great help..(incase the makcik makcik decided to visit my blog..)

It was very simple but the kacau part is to remove the kacang skin..any1 knows the special way to seperate the skin from the kacang please tell me..

I even thought of using some enzyme that can make the skin soft (like what we learned in biology).When i attempt to make kacang soup, i tried boiling the kacang, but the skins are still a nuisancceeeee...

Now that i need to fry the kacang, the skin becomes brittle..which is easier to remove, but not separated. Then i remembered a song from primary school..

"Lihat jauh nun di sana tekun petani kerja,
Buah padi masak kuning istri kerja sama,
Potong memotong, membanting padinya,
bercerailah tangkai jerami...
"

OOOHHH...which gave me the idea to MEMBANTING KACANG!!! since I'm from Kolej Mara Banting, shud b pro in it..

I started to banting banting banting..wuhuu..the kulit really fly out lei..just like "Kacang lupakan Kulit"...
BUT...there's always a but la..if not i won;t be blogging..

It terbang at halaju of 8 particles/min...
N there are a total of 23 x 10 kuasa 23 particles of kulit kacang-kulit kacang sekalian mengelilingi kacang yang degil dan enggan dilupakan...

(p/s: isit kulit-kulit kacang or kulit kacang - kulit kacang or kulit kacang -kacang??)

Plus, the kulit kacang particles that left the kacang have no where to go..and start flying all over the kitchen..some even bunuh diri down the sink. then, NICK CHAN the Hongkie come in:


"Eii..What is MONSTER doing here clogging the sink???"

End up have to one by one remove the skin..so if any1 have a SUPERB method n unmessy method, please inform me..like using relau gas or stg liddat..ok ok ..set..

However, the end product was cheap and nice...PLUS finished in 1 day..
If buy from AI HUA chinese supermarket, its 1.50 pounds for 15 miserable balls..



I sempat make 52 biji (lesser in the picture cos already masuk perut) with 1/2 a packet of kacang which cost 49.99 pence n flour less than 19.56pence plus mayb 35.67p for electricity..plus micellaneous...all add together less than 1 POUND...and can pass time sumore..hoho..
I HAPPY, YOU HAPPY, EVERYBODY HAPPY...HUA HI TIO HO!!


announcement: for those EX-prisoners, there will be a gathering in Manchester this weekend for chinese new year..Please be there sharp at watever time u like..

9 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

last raya, i oso wanna make dis kind of biskut, but kemalasan yg bertubi2 melanda... so tgk la next raya...

pp said...

haha..aku ni sebab keboringan dan semangat bertubi2..nanti nak cuba buat kuih lain pula..

Anonymous said...

wahahahahaha pui i kno wad cookie dy now. cheh dun wan tel me sumore dat day. =( looks nyummy, wonder how it tastes like. *hint hint* =)

pp said...

cieh...pui..if u click on others hor, can type ur name in..haha.then dun hav 2 be anonymous oredi..

Ang Choon Seong said...

makan senang...

buat susah lo...

nanti i put up the pics of how hard i do the peanut separation process...

Anonymous said...

peikuasa2.....you will be at manchester??? bila
Do tell me....okeh mokeh

pp said...

HOHO..i jus came back from manchester la AINNNNN...

Anonymous said...

wahahaha testing testing. now not anonymous dy now i beridentity. =)

pp said...

waaaa...such a nice name..u scared ppl can't see that u tua pui(fat) ka???