Sunday 4 April 2010

Nepal Day 11

After a week working in a VSN clinic, today's supposed to be my first visit to Kantipur Hospital (private hospital).. and Bir Hospital (government hospital).
Woke up at 6.30, tried to shower, but nope.. no power hence no water...

'Life in the capital city has become difficult for the public, around 95 percent Nepalese citizens spends life under candle light...'

Well yes.. due to the shortage of electricity, we have about 12 hours of electric cuts every day.. n the water pumps need electric to work as well.. Some houses have their own generator if they can afford it.. candle light can be quite romantic, but still doesn't work for the water pumps.. n my electrical gadgets don't work with candles...

Cant wash hands, cant pangsai, cant mandi..

So I waited n waited finally came at 9am.. the thing is I don't even know when it comes when it goes.. so its hard to charge fone, hard to charge camera..

Now I realise I alwiz took things for granted.. electric n water has never been a problem to me.. at least not since the 'Water Crisis' in Melaka in 1991...

So ppl, b4 boosting ur heater, b4 showering for 1 hour, think of the ppl in nepal...

I've been here for 11 days now.. n u know what, I still dont know where to throw my rubbish!!!

I've been throwing them into a plastic bag in my room.. n when I go out, I keep the rubbish till I go back and throw in that same plastic bag.. Where do ppl here throw their rubbish?? I have never seen a single rubbish bin here in Kathmandu..

This is the main city lei.. what about the smaller towns??

Ppl here just bring it to their backyard n burn them.. hence the air pollutions..

Ok, better stop complaining, back to my hospital visit.. after a quick visit to the Kantipur hospital, we went to the Government Hosp:

Well, its like any public hospital you can imagine.. Crowded, dirty, dark, many many beds in 1 room...

After that we went to collect some keys that Sugandha sent to duplicate.. n its still not ready.. this is why:

They r doing it manually.. takda mesin, ntg...
Afterthat, Sugandha brought me to this heaven:

Proper Ice-cream!!! and bakery!!!

Seldom you get bakeries here without tonnes of flies on it... and proper ice-cream instead of some road side ice lollies that most probably used air longkang to make..haha..

So I had some ice-creams....

pistachios and rum and raisins...

Sugandha din't want at first, but after seeing my icecream, he got 1 for himself as well.. reminded me of Helen's father.. with the mint and chocolate chips..

I miss Malaysia now... I want breadstory... I wana eat chicken floss bread..
I went back n told Patrick about the ice-creams I had and he got so jealous..hohoo...



3 comments:

h.3.l.3.n said...

haha yalo.. u influence ppl with ur ice cream.. now i eating eric's msian snacks, even more with chocs, biscuits and bakgua floss all.. HOHOHOHO

ihsan_huhu said...

dem dat icecream looks nice

pp said...

helen:yea yea..i had more of that afterthat..haha.. eh, eric is back? save some for meee!!!

taliban: buuu