Thursday 8 March 2007

CON on EBAY...

"eBay is an online marketplace built to enable trade on a local, national and international basis. eBay offers an online platform where millions of items are traded each day through auction-style listings or immediate "buy it now" stores and listings."
From my past experience of being conned on ebay (supposed 2 get a camera for a dear fren who lost her camera, but the irresponsible and intentional conner, prone to die in 3 years due to Alzheimer e-bayer sent me an empty box ), I am now super duper careful on buying n selling stuff on e-bay.


I just received a new hanfon a week ago, and since I already have my n73, I decided 2 sell the new phone..ON EBAY..2 fella tried 2 con me:

1st Conner:
She bought it off ebay by clicking the *Buy It now* button that maybe to her is abit colourful that she must click it..I was happy for a moment and it was like : "Yeai..some1 bought!"
But when i check her review, she dun have any reviews..kosong..cis..trustable onot 1? But as a seller, I hav advantage dis time..dun bodoh bodoh kena tipu again..

After 1 milisecond, she unregister herself from e-bay. Aiks...smells ikan oredi...so weird 1..obviously she wana con me..But then she sent me an email:

Write in all capital letter oo..looks like those surat ugut..Luckily din write in red ink..Then she is very agreeable la..all willing to pay..just ask me 2 send her invoice..BUT as a real buyer she very bodoh lo..smell ikan again..where got ppl so bodoh 1..then i send her invoice la..amount: 168pds..
then i receive this email: (b4 dis got beribu-ribu email from her la..n all her email she send 3 copies 1..duno y..mayb simptom penipu.




And the confirmation email from "Paypal"...

waa..she paid 200 pds..for 1 nano seconds, i was happy..yeai..but then, i smell ikan again...

1) The links on the page all unclickable 1..sounds weird..
2) The paypal logo looks weird and just doesn't look like the normal that I see..
3) The payment doesn't appear on my paypal account..
4) The buyer supposed 2 b in US, but when she send email, the time is +oooo...Is she really in US?
But the fella smart oso la..pay 200 terus..Human nature memang tamak la..the word 200 flying around makes me reluctant to believe that it is a fraud..

The email that i receive, the address is like this :
"Confirmation@ PayPal.co.uk"
first glance might look right..but then, the front 1 supposed 2 b the name
rite..then the <> only the email address wad..

and the PayPay.co.uk..supposed 2 be paypal.co.uk..
then i forward this email to spoof@paypal.co.uk 2 check if it is a tipu
email..,paypal saythey
din send that..haha..

CONFIM TIPU..then i ask her 2 pay again using my invoice,
the 168pds 1..so that it appear on my paypal..
then comes another email..buruk la..sunday lei dat time..
din noe paypal so free go email every1 ask them 2 send their items..


but b4 that i oredi relisted the fone again..hoping 2 get another buyer..

2nd Conner:
This 1 not that extreme..b4 dis first person bought it, the 2nd was asking me
questions..pretend 2 b interested..she said she got conned b4, so wana make sure
everything is alright..

I dengan semangat (tot she sama nasib as me) explain 2 her panjang lebar..
Then she say, ok, but can you post to me in LITHUANIA? wad??
first NIgeria, now Lithuania??
Din I say I only post to UK?

But if she willling 2 pay then ok la..
BUT..there is always a but..she is too easy..she say send me ur paypal account..
i giv u money terus..
Aiks...we were jus negociating..she say 150 sounds like a
reasonable price..but she dun wana buy it off ebay?

She said that her ebay account got prob n stuf..bla bla..
But as a person who got conned b4, takkan she dun wana buy it from ebay
first for records? wana pay me terus..
when i ask her 2 buy first,
she noe i pandai oredi..then takda berita...


BERHATI - HATI di RUANG E-BAY...
It is me today, It could happen to you one day...

Despite all this, ebay still remain a
Time-Waster
and
Time-Passer and Entertainer for us..

7 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

wah.. super pandai la u
(or is it just the other person itu super bodoh?)

pp said...

wakaka..i super berhati hati la..

KK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pp said...

ei..y go delete the comment??

Anonymous said...

pui everytime i open your page i hear that wong fei hong song. damn lawak la. hahahaha.

good thing u very careful dy, kena con again sad oo. but if for me, i sure not so seng mok wan. blur blur stil. heheh. =)

KK said...

haha...paise...terdelete the msg i wrote....btw..this is the msg i wrote...wah...not bad wor...lesson learnt from this...dun follow Pei Pei footsteps.....kena con..haha...anyway...on9 shopping still got risk la...so..how come u not yet get the things already pay...lu betul la...hahaha...

Yee Yen said...

Hi Peipei! Thanks for the detailed cerita about your near-kena-conned experience. Very impressive and educational. Looking forward to seeing more informative posts like this. Good job!