Saturday 17 May 2008

Smart and Stupid

I had my "mini-osce" exam yesterday. There's 2 parts, clinical examination and xray + ABG interpretation...


To my surprise, I actually know quite alot of stuff... B4 i enter, i start to panic abit, cause as usual, if you start to think of what you know, sure nothing come out 1...

"err..shittt..dono anythingg!!! am I gona fail??"

1st Xray - pneumathorax - bam easy..air in chest.. what to do? aspirate... ok ok ..I am doing well...Dr Robert Gray, supposedly a dislikable person, surprisingly treated me quite well.. (ever since i made a joke that laughed his head off)

2nd interprete blood gas, can can..my chemistry A punya...

Then more senarios, more x-rays, 1 by 1 got tru ..feuh.. my confidence level boosted exponentially... I seriously like Robert lo.. whenever i get it right, he gave alot of encouragement, I FINALLY FEEL SMART!!! for once.. in 3 years...

The examination part was another doctor, John..Whoa...DAMN HOT la that doctor... Trying hard 2 concentrate on the frail old lady that i'm examining, cant help but to notice his presence. Sumore he so caring towards the old lady..arggggg...

He gave me some compliments as well:

" The only one in the group that realised there is a reduced chest expansion on he right is... YOU."

Pointing to me!!!...WAHHH...at that moment, my heart melted. I almost imagine him saying:

" I choose YOU as my lawful wife, till death do us apart"

Luckily din go n say "I do"...

The osce reeli made my day...I was so full of spark and glitter the whole day... Even the fatty cant take my happiness, try various ways 2 bring my mood down, but failed.

Every step i take i can feel butterflies flying with me, birds chirping happily, sound of the wind singing along, even katak also smile to me... world is so beautiful...

BUT today...haih...

I had a mock osce session with 4th year seniors. 15 stations.

1 word : shit
2 words : deep-shit

The only thing i remember now is respiratory. how am I supposed 2 know bout manual handling, hip examination, telling a patient their colonoscopy was canceled???

Feel stupid again... The happy n confidence lasted only for 1 day. As I leave, dark cloud follow me around n rain only on me... nomore butterfly la... birds migrate oredi...even katak also pee on me... exam sucks...

SCAREDDD... so much details to know...

2 comments:

h.3.l.3.n said...

thats hw we learn la.. at least u r good in sth..

Anonymous said...

as long as u more pandai than us then means u not bodo d... gambate!