Monday 22 September 2008

The Mad Dog

I was sitting in my room, trying to squeeze some information into my compact and immobile brain. As usual, my attention wandered to a bunch of teenagers with their "cool" Adidas tracksuit having a session of kick-abouts in the carpark. Just at that moment, a little brown dog appeared from the bushes, wagging its golden brown tail. It caught a "fat boy wearing a shirt that is obviously too small for him" 's attention and the whole group started to corner the poor dog..

Wow, the carpark suddenly turned into a science lab... They started splashing water at it, waiting for it to form a reaction. Nothing happened..the dog continued wagging its tail.. Big mistake..more is to come..from water to the bottle, stones, n finally their feet.. arghh...

Leaving my "Obs and Gyne" book behind, I went down to"save" it. I just claimed that its mine, gave a smile and walked away.. Feuh... I was relieved.. Back in my room, holding the dong, I didn't know what to do with it.. I noticed some injury marks on his body and some old bruises..

"what a poor dog"..

its wearing an old rusty chain on its neck which I'm surprised did not strangle him. The owner's name was smeared and faded... hmm.. I decided to keep the dog...


That was the best decision I've ever made... This little creature that I named "Wo Wo " is a great great great companion.. He's fun, energetic, cute, playful, loving, loyal.. everything you wud want in a dog.. From the moment I opened my eyes in the morning, he'll alwiz be there to great me, inviting me to play, running about in the room, I just loved him... with him around, I alwiz start the day with a smile..However, no matter how happy we played, I can almost alwiz notice a glimpse of sadness in WoWo's eyes.. there are times that he would be standing at the corner of the room, circling in a world of its own...

One day, after my "Obs and Gyne" exams, I went home anticipating my little friend to greet me at the doorsteps... "Hmm.. thats weird..." nothing came and I've never seen it again since.. it must have gone back to his owner...

Wo Wo

6 Years ago, he was adopted from SPCA by his master. WoWo had to leave his friends in SPCA to a new place so foreign and new to him.. but as time passed, he's quick to get used to the new environment, only because his master was nice to him.. His new master, only 12 years old at that time was patient in training him, played with him, gave him full attention, cared for him. They both had a great time running in the woods, playing in the field, going to places that only both of them knew, doing things that he'll only do with WoWo around .. He soon treated WoWo like part of his family.. in fact, WoWo was his best friend...They would eat, sleep, play and do everything together.. He even tried to sneak WoWo in his school bag to school just to spend more time with WoWo..

As years passed, WoWo started to expect to play more with his master, since they were both such great companions for each other.. However, as his master grew older, things start to change.. He met new friends in high school, got himself a few girlfriends, started to stayed out late at night drinking with his new clicks... WoWo waited patiently at home for his master to come back everynight.. but he sometimes never did.. Even if he's back, he would start throwing liquor bottles at WoWo, hitting and pinching WoWo, or even throw him out of the house leaving WoWo alone out in the cold...

Poor WoWo still sees him as the loving and caring master he used to be... everytime he got thrown out, he'll wait patiently as the next morning when his master is sober, he'll pick him up again n played with him for a few moment before he's off to school again.. everyday WoWo will be waiting with hopefull eyes that someday his master will bring him to school again, just like before...but no, nomore having WoWo in his bag, nomore showing him off to his friends at school and be proud of him.. Instead, he's now embarrassed to show his tiny dog around compared to those huge dogs that the "cool-gangs" have..

WoWo soon realised that his old master will never come back..

Its alright, as long as he pats WoWo's head every morning, that was enough for WoWo to know that his master still cares.. even if he hits WoWo at night, its alright, he's just drunk..the next morning he'll still pat WoWo's head.. He's afterall just a dog.. Its just that WoWo was given hope in the beginning that he's actually part of the family.. he just have to accept it now and do what a dog is supposed to do...


What happened to WoWo afterthat was not documented... No-one knows what happened that made WoWo came to me...

6 month later..

I've almost completely forgotten about WoWo when I saw this street performance on Royal Mile.. I went across, and it was not a street performance after all. It was a familiar creature that I once loved.. Wo Wo.. but it looks different now.. His fur is not golden brown anymore.. he's now got patches of uneven fur with mud and dirt on it.. the scarce fur left is stucked together by tint of blood stains.. I cant help but to shout to him...

"WoWo!!"

When I called him, he started to move... but no longer running joyfully towards me.. he hopped on his three legs and barked angrily at the crowd, showed his teeth and raged at everyone... He can't even recognise me anymore.. I soon realised that this is not the friendly and lively WoWo that I used to know.. My visions starts to get blur from accumulating tears.. WoWo has gone mad..


I just turned and walked away..

adapted and modified from one of the SPM 101 English Essay

7 comments:

wendy said...

huhuhhhuhh...y so sad wan?
this is a real story ah?

h.3.l.3.n said...

yalo

wendy said...

what??!!adapted from spm book??now i oni i see...*speechless**

pp said...

i just added to answer ur question 1..

wendy said...

but the story sounded quite real...hahaha....patut lar spm eng A...

pp said...

haha, but 1119 get B3 lei..

ihsan_huhu said...

1119 aku 7

hahaha