Wednesday 23 September 2009

Geriatrics a.k.a...Study of theAncient

Study of the Ancient (S.O.T.A) ...

4 weeks of geriatrics medicine... what did I gain?

apart from weight;

1) Fear of getting old..

Nothing much I can do about that rite.. luckily i alwiz look younger than i am.. now i dont mind ppl thinking that I am a 'Fresher'..

2) Fear of getting old and sick...

From now onwards, I wana start a healthy lifestyle.. Eat vitamins, minerals, n calcium!! after 35 yrs old ur body start to lose bone liao.. If i am gona get old anyway, better get old healthy.. Plus exercise 3x a week...

3) Fear of my parents getting older..

I see the old ppl in my wards, so depressing.. no family, no frens.. remind me of my parents back home.. I normally dont have the habit of calling home often 1.. but in 4 weeks, i called home 4 times..

4) Fear of getting bored when old...

What to do when I am old? I see them reeli no activity 1.. everyday wake up sit, then eat, then sit, then watch tele (if they are not too demented to understand)... nobody visit, dont go out..
1 word... scaryy...
2 words.. very scaryyyy.

I have to start physio on my fingers.. so that I can maintain my dexterity to play D.O.T.A when I get old.. But ofcourse there are some patient that I reeli wana be like them..97 years old still fit n healthy..

One of the patient told my consultant:

' One day it'll be your turn...'

P.S: For any1 that reads this post, take about 30 seconds n think of your dear parents at home... call them if u have not for a long time.. (not every1 like me i guess)..



No comments: