Saturday 24 November 2007

My life as a Sea Monkey

"Sea Monkey", that is what they call me. Its not just me, millions of my friends are called that too. Maybe its because there are too many of us, noone bother to give me a unique name. This is how I look like:
Our species have been living peacefully for 200 years now, till one day in 1957...

My great grandfather decided to swim to the surface of the sea with his friend, Nemo to see the world. A man called Harold caught him and he started to do research on him. He change our DNA and made us live longer (not sure if its a good thing). He even game us a new name. Our original name is Artemia Nyos, but he called us instant life, now Sea Monkey.

My great grandfather was very greatfull at that time. For once in his life, he is doing something big. He felt popular and he was treated well. There were so many articles about him on papers, evening news, internet, and even in a popular website called "wikipedia". Wow..he's like a celebrity.. The whole "kampung" of sea monkey look up to him...everyone wants to be like him.



Years later..the blessing slowly wear off. We start to suffer the consequences. We were mass produced in factories and sold in shopping complexes. With jus 6.99, you can own about 30 of us..Buy 1, free 29...wad a bargain..we are even guaranteed to live for 2 years..
Generations by generations, our identity gets blurer n blurer...father n mother gets separated, brothers n sisters incest, now we can even reproduce by ourselves (intra-copulate)..

I sat in my egg, placed in a box in St James Mall, waiting for a new owner to take me home n hatch me. I was still very positive and cant wait to see the worldddd!!!
Many of my friends were picked and went home. I dint hear from them ever since..when is my turn gona come?

One day, a lady came along to the store...


She picked me up and wanted to buy me...I liked her..but..beside her is a fat n ugly human..


I don't like him. he say I'm a waste of money. could have ate lots of dimsum with the money...
But she insist on buying me..Yeai..I am GOING HOMEEEEE...Thanks to her friend helen that told her about me, and about my speciality, "instant life".

She treated me well. For the first time, i was given a birth cert with my date of birth on it!!
She gave me a nice aquarium with "Ocean View" to make me feel like home. She fed me well and gave me oxygen everyday. She was so proud of me (+ another 29 of us). Whenever her friends comes, she will introduce me to them, and tell them our story..That was the happiest moment of my life...

Day by day, she starts to forget us. We already go on diet by eating once a week, and yet she forgets to give us food. When she went back for summer, we were left there to starve. Once in a while her kind housemate matthew comes n in gave us some food to survive for the whole 1 month. Day by day, we wait for her to come back..We are now bigger and after 3 weeks, we can reproduce...when there is alot of us, we can have sex. but when we are lesser, we have to self-copulate..

When she finally gets back, we tot that she'll miss us and treat us better, but no..
She starts to be afraid of us, because we look different now. There is now lesser space in the aquarium. She is afraid that there are so many of us and we might eat her up when we gets bigger.

After awhile, the aquarium is too small to fit us all. We are all trapped, hungry n suffocating. One by one my family members die from starvation. I receive the latest news that her friend helen's sea monkeys are all dead!...will we end up like them??

We don even have energy to reproduce now..and, speaking here now is the last survivor of the Sea-Monkey product AK1298. She now start to feed me every week. But, I'm all alone now...my family members are all dead..with their dead bodies still floating together with me...if any1 sees this, please help me..

3 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

haha.. i tot u got nickname sea monkey at highskool when i read the 1st paragraph..


ahhahahaha

Ang Choon Seong said...

7 pounds = 2 ha kau.

pp said...

hehe..title oredi tell aa..
translated "aku seekor sea monkey" just like "aku sebatang pen"